TRUSTS & TAX PLANNING
- Buying & Selling Your Home
- Court of Protection & Powers of Attorney
- Criminal Defence
- Dispute Resolution
- Divorce & Family
- Employment Law for Employees
- Elderly & Vulnerable Client Affairs
- Landlord & Tenant/Housing
- Motoring Offences
- Personal Injury Claims
- Property Disputes
- Probate and Estate Administration
- Trusts & Tax Planning
- Wealth Protection
What Our Clients Say
Very professional and helpful.Anonymous in relation to Leanne Routledge
Found very helpful and pleasant, answered all questions no matter how stupid!Client of Catherine Murton
The service was excellent and would be easy to recommend.Client of Leanne Routledge
All Receptionists were very good at all times. Leanne was very quick to respond and visit home as required. Also very helpful at all times and explained everything fully and carefully.Client of Leanne Routledge
I would recommend Pardoes to someone else because they have been very helpful on a number of occasions. Staff are professional but friendly.Anonymous in relation to Leanne Routledge
Excellent customer service and professionalism.Client of Leanne Routledge
Legalities were made very easy to understand.Client of Catherine Murton
Nigel is very good at his job. He looked after me and my mother so well. 10/10. A*. Keep up the good work you do.Client of Nigel Isaac
Excellent Service!Anonymous in relation to Catherine Murton
Nigel Isaac put me very much at ease and was very thoughtful when dealing with my husband during home visitsAnonymous in relation to Nigel Isaac
I walked in off the street, Leanne saw me immediately and completed in a week, very impressed. I must also say your Receptionists were excellent, very friendly.Client of Leanne Routledge
We were received with patience and kindness from our solicitor.Private client
I was left at peace with what happened. Service is excellent. I cannot think how it could be improved.Client of Leanne Routledge
Catherine was very approachable and a pleasure to deal with.Anonymous in relation to Catherine Murton
You have been a great help.Client of Leanne Routledge
Legal language is complicated but explained very clearly. Quick, efficient, clear, local, rang one day and appointment the next day!Private client
Very helpful and understanding.Client of Catherine Murton
Thank you for your excellent work concerning my Mums estate. Could you also thank Jenny Cottrell for her help as well. We were so please with all of your help. I would recommend you to all of my friends.Client of Leanne Routledge & Jenny Cottrell
My needs met by friendly competent approachable people. Very happy thank you.Private client re Jacqui Hellings
I was very grateful to Catherine Murton for all the home visits and especially for bringing forms for me to sign in hospital whilst I was ill and her concern for my health.Grateful Client
Very satisfied with the work you did for us. Thank you.Private client
My questions/queries were answered promptly in a way I easily understood. I noticed Pardoes whilst travelling to Yeovil by bus. It had a small, open frontage with off road parking. It looked welcoming and professional. The service was absolutely first class. The receptionists were very professional. I would have no concerns approaching Pardoes for any further help or advice. Catherine Murton is superb.Anonymous in relation to Catherine Murton
Personal attention - professional advice given in a friendly manner.Anonymous in relation to Leanne Routledge
I only ever experienced a very high standard. Swift, efficient and welcoming.Client of Leanne Routledge
Very courteous and understanding.Client of Leanne Routledge
Everything was made very straight forward. We were completely satisfied with every aspect of your service.Client of Leanne Routledge
TrustsThere are many reasons to create a trust.
The most common are:
- to protect the family wealth and ring-fence it to pass from generation to generation
- to fund education for grandchildren
- to protect the interests of a spouse (while keeping the family assets in the blood line)
- to mitigate inheritance tax payable on your estate
- to ensure that vulnerable beneficiaries are looked after for life without the need to pass large funds to them outright
The list could go on and on! Each Trust is unique to the person setting it up (the Settlor), as we recognise that family dynamics can be both complex and sensitive.
How can we help?
Pardoes can assist with the following:
- Setting up lifetime trusts or within your Will
- Tax planning using Trusts
- Gifting assets or transferring your home to a Trust
- Managing the trusts including:
- Completion of Trust tax compliance – preparing tax returns, certificates and dealing with Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (‘HMRC’)
- Preparing Trustee resolutions, holding Trustee meetings and advising in relation to the tax and law
- Preparation of Trust Accounts
- Drafting Investment Policy Statements, tracking performance of investment arrangements and liaising with Investment Managers where appropriate.
- Arranging tax efficient investments via appropriate intermediaries.
- Utilising applicable reliefs from inheritance tax, capital gains tax and income tax by making claims and elections on your behalf to ensure that you do not miss out on entitlements in your agricultural/business or charitable dealings, for instance.
- Assist Trustees with decision-making to allow the Trust [link] to operate for the beneficiaries in the most tax efficient manner.
- Providing professional Trustees to act with the Settlor’s chosen Trustees or on their own on behalf of the beneficiaries of the Trust.
- Breaking a Trust early or winding up arrangements at the end of the Trust Period.
What does it cost?
The service which we provide is entirely up to you. We can provide a full administrative service or the ‘light touch’ and arrange specific service levels to meet your needs. We recognise that some families would prefer not to have the burden of holding the purse strings nor the confidence to recognise and report liabilities to HMRC and so we build a model appropriate to your requirements. Call us to discuss our estimates and ensure that you are receiving a suitable level of support.
If you would like to arrange a meeting with one of our trusts solicitors, contact our team direct on 01823 446219 or freephone 0800 862 0442. Alternatively, complete our online enquiry form and we'll call you back as soon as possible.
Ask Us a Question
Call us free on 0800 862 0442 to speak to one of our friendly advisors, or complete the form below and we will email you back as soon as possible.
There are currently no upcoming events