COMMERCIAL DISPUTE RESOLUTION
- Building & Construction Disputes
- Professional Negligence Claims
- Small Claims Court Advice
- Business Breakdown
- Contractual Disputes
- Clubs & Societies
- Director's and Partner's Liabilities
- Emergency Action - Business Protection
- Employment Law Disputes
- Intellectual Property Rights
- Product Liability/Sale of Goods & Services
- Funding Options for Litigation
Intellectual Property Rights
A significant or major part of business worth can be its intellectual property rights.
Intellectual property rights vary significantly in terms of how protection is obtained and how rights once protected are enforced.
Intellectual property rights include:
- Patents Protection of inventions
- Copyright Protection of written and artistic works, musical recordings, films, and computer programmes
- Design rights Protection of designs e.g. functional (non registerable) and artistic (on registration)
- Trade Marks Protection of distinctive marks associated with a business (on registration)
- Passing Off Protection from a competitor selling its own goods as yours
- Confidentiality Protection from the misuse of business sensitive information by another – see Emergency Application
As well as resolving disputes the Commercial Dispute Resolution team can confidently advise businesses as to:
- What intellectual property rights it owns
- What it can do to protect these rights from being infringed
- What action it can take against infringement
- What action it needs to take to avoid infringing the rights of others
If you would like to make an appointment with a dispute resolution solicitor, contact our team direct on 01278 454431 or freephone 0800 862 0442. Alternatively, complete our online enquiry form and we'll call you back as soon as possible.
Ask Us a Question
Call us free on 0800 862 0442 to speak to one of our friendly advisors, or complete the form below and we will email you back as soon as possible.
There are currently no upcoming events