PROBATE AND ESTATE ADMINISTRATION SOLICITORS
- Buying & Selling Your Home
- Court of Protection & Powers of Attorney
- Criminal Defence
- Dispute Resolution
- Divorce & Family
- Employment Law for Employees
- Elderly & Vulnerable Client Affairs
- Landlord & Tenant/Housing
- Motoring Offences
- Personal Injury Claims
- Property Disputes
- Probate and Estate Administration
- Trusts & Tax Planning
- Wealth Protection
What Our Clients Say
We were received with patience and kindness from our solicitor.Private client
Good customer service and a solicitor who listens to what you want.Ms K.
You have been a great help.Client of Leanne Routledge
I was very grateful to Catherine Murton for all the home visits and especially for bringing forms for me to sign in hospital whilst I was ill and her concern for my health.Grateful Client
I was left at peace with what happened. Service is excellent. I cannot think how it could be improved.Client of Leanne Routledge
Everything was made very straight forward. We were completely satisfied with every aspect of your service.Client of Leanne Routledge
Excellent service. Adam explained everything extremely simply and well.Mr & Mrs W.
I only ever experienced a very high standard. Swift, efficient and welcoming.Client of Leanne Routledge
I have found everyone extremely helpful and patient in explaining the processes.Ms T.
A good job well done, at a difficult time, Thank you.Ms P.
Legalities were made very easy to understand.Client of Catherine Murton
Found very helpful and pleasant, answered all questions no matter how stupid!Client of Catherine Murton
I was anxious about discussing my affairs. However, it became clear quickly that my anxieties were unfounded. I felt comfortable during our discussions. My problems were listened to. I was treated as an individual.Anonymous
Excellent customer service and professionalism.Client of Leanne Routledge
We would both like to thank you for the guidance and support you gave to us during what was a very difficult period. It is a great relief to be able to look forward after such a long time.Mr & Mrs S.
Excellent service throughout. Everyone made me feel completely at ease.Mr D.
Excellent service. Adam explained everything extremely simply and well.Mr & Mrs W.
Your professionalism, your ability to be reassuring throughout the deserts of radio silence from the suits and your general good humour made the whole process much less painful than it might otherwise have been. As one whose default response is a Victor Meldrew harrumph, I am very grateful.Anonymous
You cannot improve on perfection. Excellent service given.Client of Leanne Routledge
Adam was very professional and knowledgeable. He answered all my questions and followed my instructions.Ms A.
Everything you said and did removed our worries and stress. The service was exemplary. Thank you.Anonymous
I walked in off the street, Leanne saw me immediately and completed in a week, very impressed. I must also say your Receptionists were excellent, very friendly.Client of Leanne Routledge
My questions/queries were answered promptly in a way I easily understood. I noticed Pardoes whilst travelling to Yeovil by bus. It had a small, open frontage with off road parking. It looked welcoming and professional. The service was absolutely first class. The receptionists were very professional. I would have no concerns approaching Pardoes for any further help or advice. Catherine Murton is superb.Anonymous in relation to Catherine Murton
Very satisfied with the work you did for us. Thank you.Private client
All Receptionists were very good at all times. Leanne was very quick to respond and visit home as required. Also very helpful at all times and explained everything fully and carefully.Client of Leanne Routledge
Everything you said and did removed our worries and stress. The service was exemplary. Thank you.Mr & Mrs S.
Professional, fast and courteous service, trustworthy. Solicitor exhibited personal concern and care.Mr M.
The service was excellent and would be easy to recommend.Client of Leanne Routledge
Very helpful and understanding.Client of Catherine Murton
Personal recommendation is key when choosing a Solicitor and Pardoes have been impressive.Client of Catherine Murton
Excellent Service!Anonymous in relation to Catherine Murton
My needs met by friendly competent approachable people. Very happy thank you.Private client re Jacqui Hellings
Nigel Isaac put me very much at ease and was very thoughtful when dealing with my husband during home visitsAnonymous in relation to Nigel Isaac
Liz Gilmour was a joy to work with on my probate, everyone so helpful, kind and efficient - KAProbate
Legal language is complicated but explained very clearly. Quick, efficient, clear, local, rang one day and appointment the next day!Private client
Catherine was very approachable and a pleasure to deal with.Anonymous in relation to Catherine Murton
The advice and service I received was to a high standard and to my satisfaction.Ms A.
Nigel is very good at his job. He looked after me and my mother so well. 10/10. A*. Keep up the good work you do.Client of Nigel Isaac
Very professional and helpful.Anonymous in relation to Leanne Routledge
Personal attention - professional advice given in a friendly manner.Anonymous in relation to Leanne Routledge
Very courteous and understanding.Client of Leanne Routledge
1. Our charges will be calculated by reference to the time spent by me and other solicitors and executive staff dealing with the matter.
2. The charging rates that I have quoted are reviewed periodically. I will supply you with details of any increases and when they will take effect.
3. Following our initial discussions and the information currently available I estimate that our fees will be in the region of £………….plus VAT and £………….plus VAT plus the following disbursements:
• Swear fees: £5 per person plus £2 for each exhibit
• Probate fees: £155 plus 50p per additional copy of the grant
• Bankruptcy searches: £2 per named search
• Trustee Act notices: £200 (approx. if required)
(posted in The London Gazette and a local newspaper to protect against claims from unknown creditors)
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties. We handle the payments on your behalf to ensure a smoother process.
Our first bill is usually submitted once we have submitted the application for the Grant to the Probate Registry. We then bill monthly or when the work in progress reaches £500.00 whichever is the sooner.
If it becomes apparent that more time is required then we currently estimate, we shall let you know at the earliest possible opportunity. In any event we will review our costs with you every 6 months.
If for any reason this firm does not complete work you have instructed us to do then a charge subject to VAT will be made in respect of the work that has already been completed and you will also be billed for any expenses which we have incurred.
4. The charges that we will be making in this matter, as set out above, cover the work that we have been instructed to undertake and reflect the following:
• There is a valid Will
• There is no more than one property
• There are no more than 5 bank or building society accounts
• There are no other intangible assets
• There are 1 – 4 beneficiaries
• There are no disputes between beneficiaries on division of assets. If disputes arise this is likely to lead to an increase in costs
• There is no inheritance tax payable and the executors do not need to submit a full account to HMRC
• There are no claims made against the estate
5. In particular, the estate administration does not extend to the formal setting up of any trusts contained in the Will and the costs for this work would be dealt with separately. Further it does not extend to advice regarding Deeds of Variation or the preparation of the Deed of Variation. Nor does it include the costs of dealing with the sale of any private company shares or the vesting of property into the names of the beneficiaries and completing the Land Registry requirements nor the conveyancing fees in connection with the sale of any property held in the estate.
If we are instructed to undertake further work we would need to make additional charges and I confirm that I will inform you of what these charges would be at that time.
6. There is usually no problem over payment of our bill since it is a charge on the assets of the estate and the personal representatives and beneficiaries are not normally called upon to make any payment from their own pockets in this respect. However, we may ask the executors for money on account of the disbursements which will be refunded once estate funds become available.
I would anticipate being able to apply for the Grant of Probate within the next 3-6 months and I would hope that the estate can be completed within the next 6-12 months, which includes collecting in the assets and distributing funds.
FIXED FEE GRANT ONLY
1. Our charges are generally based on the time and effort we actually spend dealing with your matter. However in this case we have agreed to charge the matter on a fixed fee basis.
I confirm that our fee will be £750.00 plus VAT (a total of £1,050.00) plus the following disbursements:
• Swear fees: £5 per person plus £2 per exhibit
• Probate fees and office copies: £155 plus 50p per copy of the Grant of Probate
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as court fees. We handle the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process.
As part of our fixed fee we will:
• Complete the Probate Application and the relevant HMRC form IHT 205
• Draft a legal oath for you to swear
• Make the application to the probate court on your behalf
• Obtain the probate and securely send two copies to you
If for any reason this firm does not complete the work you have instructed us to do then a charge subject to VAT will be made in respect of the work that has already been completed and you will also be billed for any expenses which we have incurred.
2. The charges that we will be making in this matter, as set out above, cover the work that we have been instructed to undertake. If we are instructed to undertake further work we would need to make additional charges and I confirm that I would inform you of what these charges would be at that time.
3. In particular, the fee does not extend to ascertaining the value of assets, completion of Form IHT 400, distribution of the estate or the formal setting up of any trusts contained in the Will and the costs for this work would be dealt with separately. Further it does not extend to advice regarding Deeds of Variation or the preparation of a Deed of Variation. Nor does it include the costs of dealing with the sale of any private company shares or the vesting of property into the names of the beneficiaries and completing the Land Registry requirements nor the conveyancing fees in connection with the sale of any property held in the estate.